Non può vivere bene chi non è in pace con il suo corpo.

Maria Raffaella Dalla Valle
IL DIARIO

sabato 10 giugno 2017

Welcome to the floor! Lavinia Plonka (En)


The Virtues of Horizontal

“Lie on your backs.” There’s almost a palpable sigh of relief as bodies immediately obey this gentle command. No need to socialize, no need to maintain a facial expression. Just me and my relationship to the floor. In her excellent new book, Crooked: Outwitting the Back Pain Industry, author Cathryn Jakobson Ramin expresses her amazement at her first Feldenkrais lesson. Apparently in all the years she had researched solutions for her back pain, she had never once been invited to sense her shape in relationship to the floor.





    While there are other somatic approaches that welcome people to the floor, the Feldenkrais Method uses even this simple act as a learning opportunity. I discover my tensions, listen to my breath, and explore relationships among my parts – all without judgment. People often write to me and ask “How can I re-wire my brain?” Begin here. It’s simple. Can you give yourself permission to take five minutes now and just lie down?

    Lavinia Plonka

    If you need more good reasons to get on the floor, enjoy the videos:
    🎬 

    Nessun commento:

    Posta un commento